Saturday, April 12, 2014

Spring adventures

Wow.... It's been forever since I've posted! So much has been going on with finals, spring break (YES), and then starting up spring quarter again at CBC.

So far, things have been going roughly smoothly (oxymoron) with transitioning from vacation mode to real life again. My spring break was pretty great, driving up to Seattle with my little sister, meeting my mom there, then visiting my sister, brother-in-law, and baby in Lynden. It was a totally great and fun experience, getting away from the stress for a week. I mean, of course, things were a little hectic driving through Seattle without another adult, but my mom was great about helping me get around and letting me follow her.

While in Seattle, we went to the Pacific Science Center, visited Pike's Place Market and the first Starbucks (I will only ever drink there that one time ;), and just walked around the city.

  
Holding a crab at the petting zoo at PSC with my siblings ;)

Mom, Becky, me, and Jake in the butterfly exhibit.

Having fun with my sibs in the hotel room.
Don't ask me what is going on :) I don't know.

In Pike's Place Market, where the fish-flying happens!
I figured out how much I love big cities on this trip. There's so much to do!


When we continued upward to Lynden, I had a great time catching up with my sister and brother-in-law, as well as getting to feel my little NEPHEW kicking!!!! I can't wait until he's born- he is going to be so cute! I also got my haircut and did some shopping while I was there. It was wonderful, and I was really sad to come home. I actually planned on coming home Thursday, but we (me, Jacob, and Becky) ended up leaving Saturday. We were having way too much fun!

We didn't get too many pictures in Lynden, but we had a blast every single day! We went to Woods literally every day (btw, Woods is the most amazing coffee chain in Northern WA). We laughed so hard it hurt doing Tim Hawkins impersonations, watching "Father of the Bride Two" (funniest movie ever!) and dealing with my brother's "lactose intolerance" :) :) :)

Having fun at the Vander Veens!
My little brother thinks he looks stupid in this picture, but that's what you get when you try to fit 5 people into a selfie. Sorry bud, you only get one try!

Stephanie, Baby Vander Veen, and me <3 


We also made several trips to the park, where I, with my cowboy boots in tow, along with the clan, risked the kiddy rock wall and showed our true amazon warrior colors.

Needless to say, I had a reality check when I came home from my paradise spring break trip. Just yesterday, I brought my sister and her friend to the park to play. I got overly ambitious on the monkey bars, skipped two, but my legs were too long and my knee smashed right into the metal bar used to climb up. I ended up with a bruise and a goose egg the size of a golf ball. Ya. It looked like I had a second knee. Apparently my warrior skills work best in Lynden :) I am hoping to go back as soon as I can, but for right now, I will try to keep myself out of trouble and off the monkey bars.


1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! Stephanie and baby look so cute! Can't forget about auntie though ;) Dang cute!

    ReplyDelete