Friday, February 21, 2014

Hits Deep in my hometown

Imagine having a dance party with Tobymac, Mandisa, Capital Kings, Matt Maher, Brandon Heath, Matthew West, and Ryan Stevenson. Ya. That's pretty much what happened Wednesday night at the Hits Deep tour concert in Tri-Cities. Me and my girlfriends (and guy friends) rocked out and broke it down to all of our favorite music (I'm surprised I didn't crack my back out, lol :) I literally knew every song except MAYBE one. Best night ever. It was a blast. I mean, how could you not LOVE the fact that Tobymac actually came onstage during the song "Good Morning"??? Or hearing Matt Maher rapping (he did!). Good times.

I posted some pictures of me with some of these awesome people. I didn't get to meet Toby or Mandisa, but I got to meet everyone else. I didn't get a pic with Matthew West, but I saw him in passing. I was like, "Hey, its Matthew West!" and he was all like, "Hey guys!" I feel slightly famous now, lol :)


Me and Kim with... MATT MAHER?!?!
Seriously, amazing to meet him! He is a huge inspiration to me because he is a Catholic in the contemporary Christian music scene. Plus his major involvement in the Lifeteen program and such. Definitely a moment I will never forget!




Justin, Esther, Me, Kim, Ethan, and Liz with Capital Kings.
When it was finally our turn to meet them, our group started singing their song "You'll Never be Alone" :)
We sounded pretty good too, so they say.
They tried to get one of us to rap, but none of us were brave enough to.
Overall, they were pretty cool guys and I know like, all their songs. So it was pretty awesome for me to meet them :)
 

  
Ok, so I just realized that Brandon Heath and I are matching again :) Look at our hats :)
And fyi, this was my FOURTH time meeting him. I don't think he knew that though.






Us with Ryan Stevenson. He was seriously amazing, and he's a homie (he lives in Boise)
He was so nice, and he told us he hoped to see us at Creation. I wonder if he'll remember us...?

No comments:

Post a Comment