Sunday, February 2, 2014

Surprise, surprise

I believe that every person deserves a surprise party at least once in their life. Sometimes more than once. If I had my way, I would surprise myself every year on my birthday, just for the fun of it. Just saying.

Because I love surprise parties, how can I resist when one of my girlfriends tells me she "doesn't think she's doing anything for her birthday this year"?!? SO my friends Ryan, Eric, Jacob, and I all planned a small surprise bash for Lizzy which left her shocked and ultimately having the time of her life.

We started out by showing up at her house unexpectedly. Within the first thirty seconds, I though we were going to die. The neighbor spotted up tiptoeing through the yard and yelled "HEY! What are you guys doing?" to which we answered with deer-in-the-headlights expressions and a failed attempt at mouthing "We're trying to surprise her!" After the scary run-in, we eventually kidnapped her and drove her to the mall.

After many hours of shopping, trying on dresses and ugly hats, and tears (LONG story), we stopped at McDonalds for appetizer fries before splitting off to get ready for a nice dinner.


While clothes shopping may have been more difficult
with males, I think we did just fine :P

After (finally) deciding where to eat, we met up again and headed to Red Robin for dinner. Then we finished up the day back at Lizzy's house, where we relaxed with games and dessert. 

After a fun (and emotional) day celebrating Lizzy's birthday!

When all was said and done, I really just wanted Lizzy to know how much she is loved. I hoped that through this experience that she would remember how much she is cherished and valued, not only by her family and close friends, but by God.

Thankfully, I think the mission was accomplished. This is what Lizzy posted on Facebook after the day:
"Wow! That was once of the best days in my entire life! Started our pretty rough and crappy, but then my best friends came over, kidnapped me and took me shopping and out to dinner for a week early birthday present! Such a blast! Thanks guys!You are truly the best!"

In response to that, I just have to say that Jesus is the best. There were several instances that almost brought the whole plan crashes to pieces, but because we all were seeking the guidance of the Spirit, everything turned out just the way it was supposed to.

To Lizzy: Happy Birthday! I hope that the next year is filled with more surprises, and that your whole life will be filled with traces of God's goodness working in your life. Always remember how much He loves you. I love you girl <3

No comments:

Post a Comment