Sunday, November 1, 2015

Endings and Beginnings

This is my last blogpost.

I know that you haven't heard from me in almost 6 months, and you're probably shocked right now that you even heard from me again. In fact, I'm kind of shocked too, but mostly because I just verbalized that I'm officially letting go of this part of my life. 

Blogging used to be my outlet. Any time I was upset or processing or excited, this is how I shared it with the rest of the world (aka the 10 people who followed me on Google Plus :) Even though my audience was few, I felt like I was making a difference, small as it might be. I'd hoped to change the world one day with my blogging, but along the way, my blogging ended up changing me more than anyone else. I discovered some very important things about myself, and this blog was the documentation of my journey.

But bittersweet as it is, blogging is no longer a part of my journey. I am heading in a new direction and I'm leaving the old behind. A new chapter of life has started for me.

For those of you who don't know (and I would assume most of you don't, since I haven't been keeping you updated :), my life has completely changed in the last six months. I graduated high school, I graduated college (with my 2 year), and when that was over, I started preparing for the next step: Trinity Western University.

In additon to getting ready for my big move, I spent the summer acting in "The Music Man," investing in my church community, and hanging out with my family. While my summer was enjoyable, it was also very hard because I knew that these would be some of the last memories I would have at home. I was moving into a house, not a dorm, and planning on starting a new life up north, six hours away from my family. Granted, it made it easier that I was moving in with my sister, but it was (and still is) hard to say goodbye when I knew that I probably would not be moving back home again. Life as I knew it would never be the same.

At the end of August, my mom surprised me and the two kids with a week long trip to California (aka Disneyland :) as our last adventure together before I moved. That trip was THE best vacation of my life. On the last day at Disneyland, my siblings and I watched the fireworks above the Disney Castle while we held each other and bawled. The reality of saying goodbye to the Magic Kingdom reflected deeply in our hearts that night- we were saying goodbye to each other too.

Since then, everything has been a whirlwind. Within two weeks, I moved to Lynden, I started going to school in Canada, and my niece was born. After that, things just got crazier. In addition to going to school full time, I started working at the Lynden Dutch Bakery part time while also taking care of my niece and nephew part time. I also got involved in youth ministry as a Core Team member at a church in Langley (BC). All the while, I've tried (sometimes poorly :) to maintain a social life, PLUS I somehow have time for intramural volleyball, dance, and the Hallmark Channel.

Needless to say, my new life here is starting to unfold. Yes, it's been hard, sometimes unbearably so, but I know God led me here. I never in a million years would've picked this story for myself, but that's what I love about serving God. Just when I think I've got Him figured out, He throws me for a loop. And I like that in a guy :) And just in case you were wondering, Jesus is the only guy on my radar right now so don't go reading  into that :) But who knows, maybe this is the season where I find my soumate. Right now, I have no clue. I just keep taking each day as it comes, waiting and asking the Lord what the next step is.

Looking back, I see God's handprints on all of this. It's incredible. God orchastrated everything so beautifully. My trust in God has taken deep roots- I could tell story after story these past six months of how many miracles God has done for me. And I know with all my heart this is just the beginning.

I don't like goodbyes. But letting go of the past enables me to engage in the present. So goodbye, dear readers. Thank you for reading what the Lord enscribed on my heart. Though my writing for you is done (for the time being) may the Lord continue to write His Love on your heart forever.

"So whoever is in Christ is a new creation: the old things have passed away; behold, new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:17





4 comments:

  1. Great writing, Dani. We miss you :(. This post made me cry and miss you even more :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was crying too. Miss you guys more than words can say <3

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi Danielle I'm not sure how I got this communication but felt I was meant to reply! I have been on that journey of ups and downs for many more years than you but the key is that once you place it in His hands you simply keep letting go....continue to always trust in His way! A sister in Christ, Trish Feeney

    ReplyDelete